Baby, it’s cold outside!
Treat your Valentine, or warm up during the cold winter months with The Goddess Lifestyle Sugar Free Low Carb Hot Cocoa!
Inspired by Erika Herman’s bestselling book, Eat Like a Fatass, Look Like a Goddess (buy it via the link!).
This recipe is chocolate-y, creamy, satisfying, and rich in nourishing and waist-whittling saturated fat–you heard me! (Check out my popular post 6 Reasons to Eat More Saturated Fat for Optimal Health and Weight Loss.)
- 1 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder (organic, fair trade)
- 8 oz hot filtered water
- 2 Tbsp cream (ideally organic, from grass-fed cows) OR full-fat coconut milk (organic)
- shaving of organic pasture butter OR ½ Tbsp organic coconut oil
- dash of organic stevia (sweetener) to taste (this has been my favorite for the past decade: Kal Pure Stevia Organic Extract — 1.3 oz)
- few drops of organic vanilla extract (ideally organic and fair-trade)
- pinch of pink salt
OPTIONS (ideally organic or “wild”)
- few strands of saffron
- fresh grated ginger
- dusting of cayenne pepper
Add everything but hot water to your favorite big mug.
Pour hot water into mug.
Stir until evenly mixed.
Ideal when blended–I love using my heat-safe stainless-steel hand-blender directly in my giant mug! (Always avoid using plastic hand blenders in hot foods/liquids!)
Time to snuggle up in a cozy blanket and revel in winter, or curl up with your special someone.
Really got a lot out of this post? I empower you with even more provocative, taboo–and delicious–nutrition and lifestyle guidance in my premium training program, TOTAL CRAVINGS CLEANSE. Learn more about it here.
PLEASE DO ONE THING
I’m sharing recipes that rev up your metabolism and help you burn fat like it ain’t nobody’s bidness because I know how frustrating, boring, and misinformed so many diet and weight-loss advice can be. I’m committed to helping you become a radiant, informed–and satisfied–Goddess. What I’m sharing with you doesn’t cost you a cent, but if you find this info helpful, share it with 3 friends as payment.