Baby, it’s cold outside! Treat your Valentine, or warm up during the cold winter months with Sugar Free Hot Cocoa.
This low carb recipe is chocolate-y, creamy, satisfying, and rich in nourishing and waist-whittling saturated fat (you heard me!). Sugar free means this beverage won’t unnecessarily burden your body (liver, blood sugar, etc.), supporting your body’s natural ability to cleanse.
Inspired by Erika Herman’s bestselling book, Eat Like a Fatass, Look Like a Goddess (buy it via the link!). (Check out my popular post 6 Reasons to Eat More Saturated Fat for Optimal Health and Weight Loss.)
- 1 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder (organic, fair trade)
- 8 oz hot filtered water
- 2 Tbsp cream (ideally organic, from grass-fed cows) OR full-fat coconut milk (organic)
- shaving of organic pasture butter OR ½ Tbsp organic coconut oil
- dash of organic stevia (sweetener) to taste (this has been my favorite for the past decade: Kal Pure Stevia Organic Extract — 1.3 oz)
- few drops of organic vanilla extract (ideally organic and fair-trade)
- pinch of pink salt
OPTIONS (ideally organic or “wild”)
- few strands of saffron
- fresh grated ginger
- dusting of cayenne pepper
SUGAR FREE HOT COCOA IS SUPER-EASY TO PREPARE
Add everything but hot water to your favorite big mug.
Pour hot water into mug.
Stir until evenly mixed.
Ideal when blended–I love using my heat-safe stainless-steel hand-blender directly in my giant mug! (Always avoid using plastic hand blenders in hot foods/liquids!)
Voila! Luscious Sugar Free Hot Cocoa.
Time to snuggle up in a cozy blanket and revel in winter, or curl up with your special someone.